SHOYU is a Japanese seasoning made from soybeans, wheat and koji.
Nature's Glory shoyu is distinguished as follows:
1. Uses organically certified whole ingredients which are grown without pesticides or chemical fertilizers and not genetically modified. Commercial shoyu usually use broken beans and husks which are less nutritious.
2. Only sea salt is used for flavour. Compared to table salt with high sodium, it contains other minerals like potassium, magnesium, calcium. No other chemicals or additives are used for flavour or as preservatives.
3. Fermented traditionally using spring water at its own natural pace and seasonal temperature, our shoyu is aged for 18 months in wooden kegs (compared to commercial process of a few weeks).
4. This ensures not only a full bodied flavour and aroma of shoyu, but a complete breakdown of nutrients, releasing a wealth of amino acids(help and accelerate the digestion), phytonutrients and minerals for easy absorption and beneficial for digestion, strengthening the stomach and heart.
5. Independently and locally tested to be free from cancer causing substances like 3-MCPD.
6. Award winning taste. Use only half or a third of normal amount in any dish to naturally bring out better flavour with reduced salt intake. Shoyu has a deep, rich flavor and quality and is a most versatile seasoning for cooking or used as a condiment with meals. Enjoy it in soups, sauces,salads,casseroles and vegetables.Use it as a substitute for salt for a better flavor and reduced sodium intake
Be wise! Try it, stay healthy and pass the good word around! Keep in cool, dry, dark place.