Vitasoy's organic sprouted pressed tofu meets Beyond Meat's ground beef together with some fresh produce and spices… and viola! A delicious vegan Mapo Tofu dish is created! Thank you @tofuandvanilla for sharing with us your delicious mapo tofu recipe!
- 1 tbsp Nature s Glory Organic Coconut oil
- 1 box of Vitasoy pressed tofu
- 85g Beyond ground beef 3 cloves Garlic (minced) 1 Chilli (minced)
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Sichuan pepper corn powder
- 2 tsp Corn flour (dissolve in 2 tsp water)
Sauce Mix Ingredients
- 2 tbsp Spicy bean paste
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp Black Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce mix, mix well and set aside.
- Saute minced garlic and chilli in 1 tbsp of oil at medium heat until fragrant.
- Add Beyond ground beef, break up the ground beef with your spatula. Cook for a minute.
- Stir in the sauce mix and water. Allow the mixture to boil before adding tofu, boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add sichuan peppercorn powder, stir and cook for 1min. Thicken the sauce with corn flour solution. Serve with steamed rice.