Stop stirring the pot. Relax with a glass of wine while your risotto cooks itself in the oven instead. Add creaminess, richness, and umami with our Sundried Tomato and Garlic Cheese Wheel.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ cups arborio rice
- 4 to 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked until tender and diced
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 Miyoko's Double Cream Sundried Tomato & Garlic Cheese Wheel, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- ½ cup slivered fresh basil, packed
- Preheat the oven to 177 degree C / 350F. (Moderate)
- In a heavy pot with a lid, heat the olive oil.
- Add the onion and garlic, and saute over medium heat until translucent and tender.
- Add the rice, and saute for about 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the stock, tomatoes, wine, yeast, and stir well, then cover with the lid. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the cheese to melt. The mixture should still be fairly loose, rice suspended in stock. If the rice has absorbed most of the stock and the mixture looks dry, add the additional stock (and a dash more wine if desired).
Return to the oven for another 10 minutes or so until the rice is tender but not mushy.
- Stir in the basil and serve immediately.
Special thanks to @miyokoscreamery for this delicious recipe!