Melted Vegan Mozz, grilled veggies, and crusty bread.
What could be better?
- 1 Large Globe Eggplant Sliced ½” thick
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 2 C Baby Spinach
- ¼ C Olive Oil
- 3 T Aged Balsalmic Vinegar
- 2 T Chopped Fresh Thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Miyoko’s Double Cream Garlic Herb Cheese Round or Miyoko’s Fresh VeganMozz
- 4 Ciabatta Rolls or 8 slices of your favorite Sourdough bread
- Miyoko’s European Style Cultured Vegan Butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roast whole red bell peppers on a sheet pan or baking dish in the oven for 30 minutes or until charred.
- Place the peppers in a paper bag and cool until they can be handled.
- Toss the eggplant slices in the olive oil, balsamic vinegar & thyme, season with salt & pepper and grill on grill-pan until tender and caramelized. Turn over once.
- Build your Sandwich.
- Cut Ciabatta Rolls in half or use 2 slices of your favorite Sourdough bread.
- Slice or spread cheese on bottom slice of ciabatta or bread -- keep it light, or add as much as you like!
- Arrange in layers: red bell peppers, eggplant, and fresh baby spinach.
- Place the top on the sandwich.
- Butter bottom of the sandwich and place on grill or panini press.
- Butter the top of the sandwich.
- Either close the panini press or grill the sandwich on each side until toasty brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, cut & enjoy!
Special thanks to @miyokoscreamery for this delicious recipe!