Its so satisfying to have a vegan version of this! This recipe was tested on non-vegans and they said that it's similar to the regular dairy laden cheese tarts! Even more impressive is how when eaten warm, it is like a molten lava cheese tart. So creamy, luscious and cheesy! Made with whole grain flour and other wholesome ingredients that are good for u and Mother Earth, these are simply amazing. We have eaten them chilled before and it tastes super delicious too! Blowtorch them for some smokiness and wala - this Vegan Molten Lava Cheese Tart will win your heart. Try this recipe made by @delia.v.sg and you will know what's up!
Tart Crust Ingredients
- 180g Whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 55g Extra virgin coconut oil
- 60g Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Mix the flour and salt together until we'll combined.
- Pour in the oil and maple syrup. Mix until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into prepared tart molds and prick the base of the tart shells with a fork.
- Freeze for 30 mins before baking the tart shells for 12 mins.
(Mix to combine) 2 tbs Coconut cream and 2 tbs Maple syrup.
Lava Cheese Filling Ingredients
- 100g Cashews, soaked in hot water for 15 mins
- 100g Daiya mozzarella/ cheddar shreds
- 350g Full fat coconut milk
- 100g Pressed tofu/ Silken firm tofu
- 70g Raw sugar/ Erythritol
- 1 tbs Corn starch
- 2 tbs Lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tbs Tahini
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Blend all ingredients together on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and heat while stirring constantly.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Scoop the lava cheese filling into the prepared tart shells before freezing for another 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celcius. Brush the tarts with the glaze and bake for 6-8 minutes or until the top of the tarts are slightly golden.
- Let cool for 5 mins then serve immediately. (We like to blowtorch the top of the tarts for an additional smokiness before serving!)