- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and heat on medium heat while stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture has thickened, remove from heat and pass it through a sift to get rid of any lumps.
- Cover the custard with a piece of cling wrap touching its surface and let it cool for about an hour.
- Dust the working surface with some flour and stack the two sheets of puff pastry.
- Tightly roll up the pastry into a log then cut the log into 11 rounds.
- Roll each round into a disc shape around 8cm in diameter then press the rounds into the muffin tray holes, making sure to cover the sides.
- Freeze the pastry for 15 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees celcius.
- Spoon the custard into each pastry case and bake for 15 mins then broil for about 2 minutes to slightly char the surface of the custard tarts.
- Serve while it is still warm!
If you've ever laid your hands upon a warm, flaky and slightly charred baked egg tart you'd have known bliss. The secret ingredient to having super creamy and luscious baked egg tarts is tofu! This recipe use pressed tofu same in many of our recipe and we always go for Vitasoy's sprouted pressed tofu because it has the least beany taste, which makes it perfect for being a plain canvas for making desserts and pastries! If you experience gas with beans then we are happy to share that Vitasoy tofu is made from sprouted non-gmo soybeans which means that they are easier on our digestive tracts! Yay to less embarrassing farting in public situations! So what are you waiting for? Try this recipe made by @delia.v.sg
- 150g Vitasoy Pressed tofu
- 200g Coconut milk/ Oat cream/ Soy cream
- 50g Maple syrup
- 20g Raw sugar/ Coconut sugar
- 30g Cornstarch
- 10g Potato starch
- 1 tbs Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Pinch of turmeric
- 2 sheets of ready roll puff pastry