Don't stop lentil you get enough
Meatloaf is a favourite of many, due to its succulent and smoky taste and texture. However, if you’re not a meat-eater, you don’t have to miss out! 💚🤭🎉
@livingveggiebyania has created a stunning spice-filled alternative with the help of flavourful pulses, seeds, vegetables, 🥗 and not forgetting the star of the show 💖 - the vegan brand @Mekhala 😍 - along with its pastes and sauces! 😋✨
- Organic Red Lentil, 500g
- 10 tbsp water
- Red Pepper
- Dried Thyme
- Cumin Powder
- Mekhala Rendang Paste
- 4 tbsp Biona Organic Tomato Ketchup
- Apple Cider
- Mekhala Plum Sauce
- Cook your lentils and make your flax egg and mix it with 10 tablespoons of water
- Afterwards, pan fry the yummy veggies of choice 🥬 (we recommend onion, carrot, red pepper and celery) with rosemary, dried thyme and cumin powder
- Blend around three quarters of the lentils and then combine all your tasty veg with oats, oat flour, flax egg and the now-blended lentils
- Make sure you don’t forget the all-important rendang paste by Mekhala! Add as much or as little as you like, depending on the spice factor you want to achieve!
- Mix as much as you can and remember to taste test!
- Once you’re happy with the taste and texture, place the mixture into a loaf pan, pressing down firmly and filling in along the edges.
- Next up, prepare your glaze by combining Biona Organic Tomato Ketchup (4 tbsps), Macro Apple Cider Vinegar (2 tbsps) and last but not least, the beautifully rich plum sauce by Mekhala.
- Bake at 180c for around 50 minutes, and although it’s hard to resist 😋, let it cool down before slicing and trying!
There you have it; a gorgeous, healthy and vegan 💚🥗 alternative to meatloaf. 🙌 Perfect for the holidays! Thanks, @livingveggiebyania! 😊💖