Egg fu yung 🥚 is a popular Chinese 🇨🇳 dish enjoyed worldwide! 🌏❤️ This fluffy, succulent omelette 🍳 is usually filled with veggies 🥬 and pork or shrimp 🦐 - but #vegans don’t have to miss out any longer! 🎉🎉🎉 Another quick-fire recipe here to the rescue! ✊💚
- Light Soy Sauce
- Kombu Shiitake Dashi
- Black Salt (Kala Namak)
- Optional: Maple Syrup
- Silken Tofu
- White Pepper
- Optional: Toasted White Sesame Seeds, Chopped Scallions or Spring Onion
- In a saucepan, add 1/2 cup of water, 3 tablespoons of shoyu, 1 tsp of Kombu Shiitake Dashi and if you like a little sweetness, add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Simmer over medium heat.
- When the broth starts to boil, add 1 pack of silken tofu
- Cover the saucepan and allow the mixture to boil and steam the tofu until the tofu crumbles just a little
- IMPORTANT! For Egg-i-ness! Add a few cracks of Kala Namak and white pepper over the tofu broth. The Kala Namak gives the dish an eggy flavour and the white pepper is just an essential part of any Chinese egg dish (in my opinion!)
- Optional: Garnish with chopped fresh scallions or spring onion.
Who will you share this egg-ceptional vegan dish with? 💚🍳